wow
Adam Megacz
2004-04-10 13:08:09 UTC
Try www.megacz.com/tmp/main.t with the experimental custom simplex
patch (both of them).

- a
--
"It's lucky," he added, after a pause, "that there are such a lot of
islands in the world. I almost envy you, Mr. Watson."

-- Mustapha Mond
Tupshin Harper
2004-04-10 20:12:43 UTC
Post by Adam Megacz
Try www.megacz.com/tmp/main.t with the experimental custom simplex
patch (both of them).
- a
Cool, but there's something very back asswards about the algorithm. The
wider you make the window, the tight the text is packed, and the
narrower you make it, the looser it's packed...doesn't make any sense.

-Tupshin
Charles Goodwin
2004-04-12 00:03:46 UTC
Post by Adam Megacz
Try www.megacz.com/tmp/main.t with the experimental custom simplex
patch (both of them).
Wow, the simplex solver is fast. Rendering is now very fast, albeit it
with Tupshin's modified core. (And would be faster I guess with a
correct version of the AWT speedup applied.)

Although rendering still isn't entirely accurate... resizing bevels is a
telling example where the 2 pixel wide borders are frequently obscured.
Again, that is with Tupshin's modified core as rendering is borked
without some of his patches.

PosChange aside, I can finally switch to the simplex core (well,
Tupshin's build) for widget development. Progress indeed. ;)
--
- Charlie

Charles Goodwin <charlie-***@public.gmane.org>
Online @ www.charlietech.com