darwin-gc situation
Adam Megacz
2004-04-15 07:42:58 UTC
Ok, this is wierd. I've got Darwin compiling again, but I'm getting
this problem:

http://lists.xwt.org/pipermail/core/2003-September/001303.html

I don't remember what the fix for this was, but we definately fixed it
(didn't we?) -- I remember the Darwin core working at one point!

Brian, do you remember what you did after this?

http://lists.xwt.org/pipermail/core/2003-September/001305.html

- a
--
"It's lucky," he added, after a pause, "that there are such a lot of
islands in the world. I almost envy you, Mr. Watson."

-- Mustapha Mond
Brian Alliet
2004-04-15 14:20:39 UTC
Post by Adam Megacz
http://lists.xwt.org/pipermail/core/2003-September/001303.html
Brian, do you remember what you did after this?
http://lists.xwt.org/pipermail/core/2003-September/001305.html
I tarred up an updated version of the boehm-gc directory, sent it to
you, and you updated the patch. I think everything started working
after that.

Are you getting the exact same error as in the above message? If so
something is wrong with the boehm-gc patch. It shouldn't be using
calloc for anything. The version I send you should've been using mmap.

Hey... there aren't any patches in upstream/gcc-3.3.2/patches. Are you
even applying the patch?

BTW, got any plans for moving to gcc 3.4? I guess it is supposed to be
released real soon now. My darwin boehm-gc patch is finally integrated
into gcc so if we update we don't have to worry about this patch
anymore.

-Brian
Adam Megacz